Trainer Peter Chapple-Hyam tallied his first group I win in eight years when Marcel pulled a 33-1 shocker in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) for 2-year-olds at Doncaster.
If trainer Art Sherman seems calm for a Triple Crown newcomer who figures to be saddling this year's Kentucky Derby favorite in California Chrome, some of that confidence traces to his star's racing foundation.
One day before flying to Dubai in pursuit of the world's richest race, jockey Robby Albarado spoke of the newly-formed non-profit bearing his name that will help underprivileged individuals living in the Louisville, Ky. area.
- By Claire Novak
A newly formed non-profit organization, After the Finish Line, has been formed to provide funding assistance to Thoroughbred rescue organizations across the United States, the San Diego-based 501 (C) (3) announced Oct. 10.
In light of Hurricane Katrina, The American Horse Council Foundation is accepting donations to assist the needs of horse owners and their horses in the states which were affected.
The Jockey Club Foundation dispersed its final checks of 2004 this month, bringing to about $600,000 provided in aid during the year.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field