Becky Thomas and Joe McMahon announced that multiple graded stakes winner Forty Tales will stand at Sequel Stallions near Hudson, N.Y. His 2014 fee will be $6,500 stands and nurses.
Perretti Racing Stable's Forty Tales stamped himself as a prime contender for the Aug. 24 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga when he took the Amsterdam (gr. II) on July 28 at the upstate oval.
Forty Tales looks like he may be the best 3-year-old sprinter in the country after rallying to victory in the $400,000 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 8 at Belmont Park.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
If Forty Tales is to achieve further fame it is far more likely that it will be as a sprinter rather than in the Classics.
In what he surely hopes is an omen for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) a week hence, trainer Todd Pletcher takes the exacta in the Derby Trial on opening night at rainy Churchill Downs April 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Trainer Pish Secures 2,000th Victory
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track