It's been quite a week for trainer Tim Yakteen. On Wednesday, he became a father for the first time when wife Millie Ball, an on-screen analyst for HRTV, delivered a son. Friday, on his 41st birthday, Yakteen saddled his first Del Mar winner since he started training on his own last summer in the $75,000 Daisycutter.
British-bred Ticker Tape will seek her first win in graded competition on Saturday when carrying high weight of 121 pounds in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on turf.
Very Vegas sprinted to a clear early lead and held off favored Aspen Gal in the stretch for a neck victory in the $111,350 La Habra Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Santa Anita Park.
Bobby Frankel's Aspen Gal could be the class of a wide-open field of 10 3-year-old fillies battling on Santa Anita Park's hillside turf course in Sunday's $100,000 La Habra Stakes. A victory in the La Habra, which is run at about 6 ½ furlongs, would be the richest career win for any filly in the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana