It's been quite a week for trainer Tim Yakteen. On Wednesday, he became a father for the first time when wife Millie Ball, an on-screen analyst for HRTV, delivered a son. Friday, on his 41st birthday, Yakteen saddled his first Del Mar winner since he started training on his own last summer in the $75,000 Daisycutter.
British-bred Ticker Tape will seek her first win in graded competition on Saturday when carrying high weight of 121 pounds in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on turf.
Very Vegas sprinted to a clear early lead and held off favored Aspen Gal in the stretch for a neck victory in the $111,350 La Habra Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Santa Anita Park.
Bobby Frankel's Aspen Gal could be the class of a wide-open field of 10 3-year-old fillies battling on Santa Anita Park's hillside turf course in Sunday's $100,000 La Habra Stakes. A victory in the La Habra, which is run at about 6 ½ furlongs, would be the richest career win for any filly in the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch