Third in last year's Windsor Park Plate (NZ-I), Block Partnership's Xanadu took this year's edition in a clear victory over two-time New Zealand Horse of the Year Mufhasa Sept. 21 at Hastings.
Placed five times at the group I level in New Zealand, Block Partnership's Xanadu broke through for her first stakes win April 6 in the $200,000 Fiber Fresh New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes at Te Aroha.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale experienced sharp downturns during its opening session on Sunday in Maryland. Compared to a year ago, the gross revenue and average price plunged by 38.5% and 37.2%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal