Went the Day Well and Daddy Nose Best still have questions to answer about class, but on paper both look as if they should have no problems with the distance.
Surfside is the probable morning-line favorite in Sunday's Grade I Santa Maria Handicap run at 1 1/16 miles for older fillies and mares. Trainer D. Wayne Lukas is hoping for good weather and a fast track after Surfside's third place finish as the odds-on favorite in her last start on a "wet-fast" track. Sunday's forecast calls for a 40 percent chance of rain.
Follow the Money earned her second graded stakes win on the year in the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT), Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Follow the Money tracked early pacesetter Dominique's Joy and then dueled through the stretch with Melody Queen to win the $150,000 Violet Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck Friday night at Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended