Went the Day Well and Daddy Nose Best still have questions to answer about class, but on paper both look as if they should have no problems with the distance.
Surfside is the probable morning-line favorite in Sunday's Grade I Santa Maria Handicap run at 1 1/16 miles for older fillies and mares. Trainer D. Wayne Lukas is hoping for good weather and a fast track after Surfside's third place finish as the odds-on favorite in her last start on a "wet-fast" track. Sunday's forecast calls for a 40 percent chance of rain.
Follow the Money earned her second graded stakes win on the year in the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT), Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Follow the Money tracked early pacesetter Dominique's Joy and then dueled through the stretch with Melody Queen to win the $150,000 Violet Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck Friday night at Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland