How far Wildcat Red will go is anyone's guess, but he has already gone farther than many people thought he might and shown fine gameness while doing so.
Letthebighossroll, a million-dollar earner that was among the first of Bob Baffert's top horses after he became a Thoroughbred trainer, died May 23 of a pulmonary hemorrhage at the age of 23.
Yankee Gentleman, the sire of six stakes winners from his first three crops of racing age, has been relocated to Brett A. Brinkman's Le Mesa Stallions in Carencro, La.
Flying Continental, the sire of 19 stakes winners, died in his paddock today at John Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif. He was 18.
Kris & John Richter's 4-year-old filly Bien Nicole, the only female taking part in Sunday's $147,750 Edward J. DeBartolo Sr. Memorial Breeders' Cup at Remington Park, did her gender proud, winning the 1-1/8 turf event by 3 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More