Micromanage, a grade III-winning son of Medaglia d'Oro, will stand at Rockridge Stud near Hudson, N.Y., beginning in 2016. His initial fee will be $5,000.
How far Wildcat Red will go is anyone's guess, but he has already gone farther than many people thought he might and shown fine gameness while doing so.
Letthebighossroll, a million-dollar earner that was among the first of Bob Baffert's top horses after he became a Thoroughbred trainer, died May 23 of a pulmonary hemorrhage at the age of 23.
Yankee Gentleman, the sire of six stakes winners from his first three crops of racing age, has been relocated to Brett A. Brinkman's Le Mesa Stallions in Carencro, La.
Flying Continental, the sire of 19 stakes winners, died in his paddock today at John Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif. He was 18.
Kris & John Richter's 4-year-old filly Bien Nicole, the only female taking part in Sunday's $147,750 Edward J. DeBartolo Sr. Memorial Breeders' Cup at Remington Park, did her gender proud, winning the 1-1/8 turf event by 3 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga