Here is a selection of noteworthy pedigrees for yearlings set to sell at Keeneland's September auction Thursday, Sept. 11, the final day of Book 1.
Ron Mitchell talks with Michael Hernon of Gainesway Farm about Hip #19, the filly that topped the Sept. 9 Keeneland sale session. Watch Video
Emory A. Hamilton's Hungry Island collared Tapitsfly in the final furlong and went on to score a one-length victory in the $223,400 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT) May 5.
Fast-closing Hungry Island ran her winning streak to four races when she blew past her rivals in the final furlong to take the $150,000 Woodford Reserve Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) going away by 2 1/2 lengths at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules