Here is a selection of noteworthy pedigrees for yearlings set to sell at Keeneland's September auction Thursday, Sept. 11, the final day of Book 1.
Ron Mitchell talks with Michael Hernon of Gainesway Farm about Hip #19, the filly that topped the Sept. 9 Keeneland sale session. Watch Video
Emory A. Hamilton's Hungry Island collared Tapitsfly in the final furlong and went on to score a one-length victory in the $223,400 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT) May 5.
Fast-closing Hungry Island ran her winning streak to four races when she blew past her rivals in the final furlong to take the $150,000 Woodford Reserve Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) going away by 2 1/2 lengths at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner