Wavertree Stables, Bernardini lead the top end of the market
The board of directors of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association announced Nov. 9 a change in the manner in which Breeders' Awards will be paid in 2011.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, under a new state law, could use the permit to run a not-for-profit Thoroughbred meet at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. track.
Several states have announced their state-bred champions who have proven themselves worthy of receiving honors in 2005.
Donald R. Dizney was re-elected president of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association following the annual membership meeting on Saturday, Oct. 8, in Ocala, Florida.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association has announced the eight divisional Florida-bred champions for 2004. The award winners will be honored at the 45th Annual FTBOA awards dinner March 20, at Hilton Ocala in Ocala, Fla. The Florida breeder, horse, stallion and broodmare of the year award recipients will be announced March 20.
Magna Entertainment Corp., the originator of the Sunshine Millions, announced Aug. 13 that it has signed an agreement extending the Florida-California Thoroughbred series through 2006.
The director of public affairs for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office said in a May 13 statement published in the Lexington Herald-Leader that the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association does not have "exclusive right" to the phrase "Horse Capital of the World."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts