The winter racing season officially arrives in the Miami area Nov. 30 when Gulfstream Park begins what it is calling the "Champions Meet" for 2013-14.
The South Florida racetrack has released its first-ever summer race schedule.
The battle over racing dates in southeast Florida became more intense Feb. 22 when Calder informed the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering that it plans to have racing every weekend from July 1 through June 30, 2014.
Calder Casino & Race Course is preparing to open its eight-month racing season on April 25 with its purse contract and all other racing contracts and calendars in place.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Evangeline Reschedules Three Stakes to June 6