Calder Casino & Race Course will open its annual Tropical Meet on Sept. 1, and over its 65 race days will have six graded stakes and 15 other stakes with purses of $100,000 or higher.
The Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is asking Calder Casino & Race Course to call off a plan to charge grooms and hot walkers rent to live in rooms in the track's barn area.
Gulfstream Park could have some important political support in its goal to change a state law that prohibits Thoroughbred racing after 7 p.m. if there are benefits for other pari-mutuel sports.
Calder Casino & Race Course has added three races to its weekly schedule -- with one more race each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- By Jim Freer
Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association announced Sept. 10 that they have reached an agreement on a contract for future slot machine revenue at CDI-owned Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016