Three-time grade I winner Flat Out has been retired, owner Art Preston confirmed. Stallion plans are pending.
Tom LaMarra and Pete Denk handicap the Lecomte Stakes and Sunshine Millions Classic this weekend. watch video
Breeder-owner of Derby hopeful Decisive Moment has Venezuelan roots; Canonero II made youthful impression
Evening Jewel, a finalist for 2010 champion 3-year-old filly, faces seven Cal- and Fla-breds in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff Jan. 25. The 1 1/16-mile race will be run over the new dirt surface at Santa Anita Park.
Beacon Shine, a 3-year-old son of Montbrook owned by Kinsman Stable, died April 8 after a bout of colic. The colt, trained by Hall of Famer Nick Zito, was based at Churchill Downs and was entered to run in last Sunday's $100,000 Lafayette Stakes at Keeneland.
Florida-breds horses racing under saddle cloth three swept all four legs of the Grand Slam I races at Calder Saturday and the pick four linking those races returned a healthy $6,678.60 for each $1 wagered.
Raymond Dweck's Stormy Pick zipped to a wire-to-wire victory over eight other 2-year-old fillies in Friday's $200,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, giving freshman sire Storm Creek a leg up on his competition in the list of leading first-crop sires.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad