Three-time grade I winner Flat Out has been retired, owner Art Preston confirmed. Stallion plans are pending.
Tom LaMarra and Pete Denk handicap the Lecomte Stakes and Sunshine Millions Classic this weekend. watch video
Breeder-owner of Derby hopeful Decisive Moment has Venezuelan roots; Canonero II made youthful impression
Evening Jewel, a finalist for 2010 champion 3-year-old filly, faces seven Cal- and Fla-breds in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff Jan. 25. The 1 1/16-mile race will be run over the new dirt surface at Santa Anita Park.
Beacon Shine, a 3-year-old son of Montbrook owned by Kinsman Stable, died April 8 after a bout of colic. The colt, trained by Hall of Famer Nick Zito, was based at Churchill Downs and was entered to run in last Sunday's $100,000 Lafayette Stakes at Keeneland.
Florida-breds horses racing under saddle cloth three swept all four legs of the Grand Slam I races at Calder Saturday and the pick four linking those races returned a healthy $6,678.60 for each $1 wagered.
Raymond Dweck's Stormy Pick zipped to a wire-to-wire victory over eight other 2-year-old fillies in Friday's $200,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, giving freshman sire Storm Creek a leg up on his competition in the list of leading first-crop sires.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes