Daniel J. Lopez's Geeky Gorgeous, a winner of three stakes races last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2013.
After disappointing in the Sanford Stakes (gr. II) as the favorite, Debt Ceiling attempts to rebound in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 1 at Monmouth Park.
Freshman sire Yesbyjimminy wasted no time in picking up his first winner as his first starter, Flay Mignon, scored a gate-to-wire victory in his career debut June 28 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest