Mike Repole and Michael Dubb, who were in a neck-in-neck owner's title race for most of the 2011 Saratoga meet, square off once again in the Toboggan Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 4, as each will send out a coupled entry.
Sunrise Smarty took all the heat up front and still had just enough to hang on for a half-length win in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) on Thanksgiving at Aqueduct.
The Mike Repole/Todd Pletcher team will be formidable when they send out the coupled entry of Calibrachoa and Have You Ever the six-furlong event March 5 at Aqueduct. A field of six was drawn.
Let's start in Paris. Despite the presence of a number of top-class horses in Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), all eyes will be on Sea the Stars as he attempts to put the finishing touch on an unforgettable 3-year-old campaign.
This year's Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) is such an odd concoction of grass and synthetic horses and undistinguished older dirt horses it's difficult to make a worthwhile list of potential starters.
Kensei notched his second straight grade II score Aug. 1 in the $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga, as he pulled away from Warrior's Reward in the stretch for a convincing victory under Edgar Prado.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work