Noted Mid-Atlantic-based owner-breeder William R. Harris died Nov. 8 at his home in Mineral, Va., according to trainer Chris Grove. He was 90 years old.
The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, headline event of the 23rd annual showcase for the offspring of Maryland sires Oct. 4, drew the top three finishers from the race last year, including defending champion Evil Storm.
Beaten at short prices over the track in his last two starts, Gottcha Gold is back to defend his title in the $300,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Aug. 16, and he could well be favored again.
The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, feature of the 22nd Maryland Million Day at Laurel Park Oct. 13, has drawn a field of 10, including the champions from the previous two years.
The 22nd Maryland Million, set for Oct. 13 at Laurel Park, has attracted 120 entrants for 12 races, including the $300,000 Maryland Million Classic.
Erdenheim Farm's Play Bingo went from last to first to win the $250,000 Maryland Million Classic Saturday at Laurel Park, the centerpiece of a day of stakes races for the progeny of Maryland breds.
The 20th Maryland Million for the offspring of Maryland sires attracted 112 entrants to the twelve-race program Saturday at Laurel Park. Presidentialaffair is a 9-5 morning line favorite to defend his title in the 1 3/16-mile Classic.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications