Dual graded stakes winner Kathmanblu, a 4-year-old daughter of Bluegrass Cat, has been retired from racing.
If she wasn't the favorite for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) before, Kathmanblu certainly made a strong case on Feb. 19, as she came from off the pace to win her third consecutive stakes in the $147,000 Rachel Alexandra (gr. III)
Top filly Kathmanblu started her 2011 campaign with a professional 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes as the 1-2 favorite at Gulfstream Park Jan. 22.
Kathmanblu, a close third in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) earlier this month, proved her versatility by defeating six rivals on the main track in the $163,800 Golden Rod (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Churchill.
Kathmanblu, a troubled third to More Than Real in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs, faces lengthy winner Aide in the Golden Rod at Churchill.
Kathmanblu earned a berth into the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) when she came from off the pace to post a decisive four-length victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes Oct. 14 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year