Dual graded stakes winner Kathmanblu, a 4-year-old daughter of Bluegrass Cat, has been retired from racing.
If she wasn't the favorite for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) before, Kathmanblu certainly made a strong case on Feb. 19, as she came from off the pace to win her third consecutive stakes in the $147,000 Rachel Alexandra (gr. III)
Top filly Kathmanblu started her 2011 campaign with a professional 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes as the 1-2 favorite at Gulfstream Park Jan. 22.
Kathmanblu, a close third in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) earlier this month, proved her versatility by defeating six rivals on the main track in the $163,800 Golden Rod (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Churchill.
Kathmanblu, a troubled third to More Than Real in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs, faces lengthy winner Aide in the Golden Rod at Churchill.
Kathmanblu earned a berth into the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) when she came from off the pace to post a decisive four-length victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes Oct. 14 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud