Dual graded stakes winner Kathmanblu, a 4-year-old daughter of Bluegrass Cat, has been retired from racing.
If she wasn't the favorite for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) before, Kathmanblu certainly made a strong case on Feb. 19, as she came from off the pace to win her third consecutive stakes in the $147,000 Rachel Alexandra (gr. III)
Top filly Kathmanblu started her 2011 campaign with a professional 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes as the 1-2 favorite at Gulfstream Park Jan. 22.
Kathmanblu, a close third in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) earlier this month, proved her versatility by defeating six rivals on the main track in the $163,800 Golden Rod (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Churchill.
Kathmanblu, a troubled third to More Than Real in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs, faces lengthy winner Aide in the Golden Rod at Churchill.
Kathmanblu earned a berth into the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) when she came from off the pace to post a decisive four-length victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes Oct. 14 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont