A pair of fillies worth 190,000 guineas ($300,371) each led the third session of Tattersalls' December Mares sale Dec. 2.
Forte Dei Marmi completed his climb to the top of the stakes ladder Sept. 15 with a victory in the Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine, the first grade I score for the veteran turf runner.
The 7-year-old Selkirk gelding won his second Sky Classic Stakes in course record time, shaving more than two seconds off his final time in 2012.
The conditions at rainy and foggy Woodbine for the Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) were miserable for all except Forte Dei Marmi, who gave trainer Roger Attfield his fifth consecutive win in the race July 6.
Forte Dei Marmi unleashed a devastating turn of foot in the homestretch to register an upset in the $266,930 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-IIT) for his first North American added-money victory Aug. 19 at Woodbine.
Robert Scarborough's Cheetah came from the back of the pack and used an inside stretch move to score the $202,450 Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 9 at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks