Already stakes-placed, True Cinder wins by 12 lengths at Mahoning Valley Race Course Nov. 14.
Maybe it was the extra distance or maybe it was the sloppy going, but in his third start Hotfoot became freshman sire Aikenite's first winner with a 9 1/2-length gate-to-wire romp in a $62,500 maiden claiming race Oct. 21 at Belmont Park.
Rogers Dream won Sept. 27 by a length at Finger Lakes
Texas-based stallion Crossbow and West Virginia stallion Gattopardo had their first winners when fillies won maiden special weight events Aug. 26.
Grade I winner Gemologist was represented by his first winner July 16, when first-time starter Morganite captured the eighth race at Del Mar.
Grade I winner Victor's Cry was represented by his first winner June 27 when Keeplaffinleslie won a maiden special weight at Woodbine Racecourse.
Multiple grade II winner Justenuffhumor was represented by his first winner Aug. 21 when Janet Reeder's homebred Humoresque won the third race at Belterra Park.
Grade I winner Eskendereya was represented by his first winner July 10 when Siena Farm's homebred Isabella Sings went wire-to-wire to take the first race at Belmont Park.
Atoned, a $165,000 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. 2-year-old sale purchase owned by Cot Campbell's Dogwood Stable, became the first winner for sire Repent when he won a maiden special weight test at Monmouth Park Aug. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out