Already stakes-placed, True Cinder wins by 12 lengths at Mahoning Valley Race Course Nov. 14.
Maybe it was the extra distance or maybe it was the sloppy going, but in his third start Hotfoot became freshman sire Aikenite's first winner with a 9 1/2-length gate-to-wire romp in a $62,500 maiden claiming race Oct. 21 at Belmont Park.
Rogers Dream won Sept. 27 by a length at Finger Lakes
Texas-based stallion Crossbow and West Virginia stallion Gattopardo had their first winners when fillies won maiden special weight events Aug. 26.
Grade I winner Gemologist was represented by his first winner July 16, when first-time starter Morganite captured the eighth race at Del Mar.
Grade I winner Victor's Cry was represented by his first winner June 27 when Keeplaffinleslie won a maiden special weight at Woodbine Racecourse.
Multiple grade II winner Justenuffhumor was represented by his first winner Aug. 21 when Janet Reeder's homebred Humoresque won the third race at Belterra Park.
Grade I winner Eskendereya was represented by his first winner July 10 when Siena Farm's homebred Isabella Sings went wire-to-wire to take the first race at Belmont Park.
Atoned, a $165,000 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. 2-year-old sale purchase owned by Cot Campbell's Dogwood Stable, became the first winner for sire Repent when he won a maiden special weight test at Monmouth Park Aug. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate