Already stakes-placed, True Cinder wins by 12 lengths at Mahoning Valley Race Course Nov. 14.
Maybe it was the extra distance or maybe it was the sloppy going, but in his third start Hotfoot became freshman sire Aikenite's first winner with a 9 1/2-length gate-to-wire romp in a $62,500 maiden claiming race Oct. 21 at Belmont Park.
Rogers Dream won Sept. 27 by a length at Finger Lakes
Texas-based stallion Crossbow and West Virginia stallion Gattopardo had their first winners when fillies won maiden special weight events Aug. 26.
Grade I winner Gemologist was represented by his first winner July 16, when first-time starter Morganite captured the eighth race at Del Mar.
Grade I winner Victor's Cry was represented by his first winner June 27 when Keeplaffinleslie won a maiden special weight at Woodbine Racecourse.
Multiple grade II winner Justenuffhumor was represented by his first winner Aug. 21 when Janet Reeder's homebred Humoresque won the third race at Belterra Park.
Grade I winner Eskendereya was represented by his first winner July 10 when Siena Farm's homebred Isabella Sings went wire-to-wire to take the first race at Belmont Park.
Atoned, a $165,000 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. 2-year-old sale purchase owned by Cot Campbell's Dogwood Stable, became the first winner for sire Repent when he won a maiden special weight test at Monmouth Park Aug. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin