The head of the horsemen's group at New York's Finger Lakes racetrack said the facility could be forced to close in the coming years unless state officials take action to protect it from a new commercial casino.
Jockey John A. Grabowski earned career victory number 3,000 Sept. 8, guiding Diamond Hard Cut to a two-length triumph at Finger Lakes Racetrack in upstate New York. Jockey Richard Feliciano reached the 1,000-win plateau at Mountaineer Park.
Seven entrants are set to compete in Saturday's $125,000 New York Derby, the richest race on the calendar this season at Finger Lakes racetrack.
The horsemen's group at Finger Lakes Racetrack in New York will back a new contract to ensure the track is running by its scheduled April 18 opening, the head of the organization said Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Mongolian Khan Wins Duel for NZ Derby
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Godolphin One-Two in Chipping Norton Stakes
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Another Chapter for John Nerud