Jeremiah Englehart isn't exactly a newcomer to the track, having started walking hots at Finger Lakes Casino & Racetrack almost before he can remember.
Anstu Stables' Wired Bryan made short work of four other foes to take home a hefty paycheck in the $237,457 New York Breeders Futurity for 2-year-olds at Finger Lakes Casino & Racetrack Sept. 28.
Finger Lakes Casino & Racetrack has started construction on a $12 million expansion of its video lottery terminal facility.
New York government would involve itself in the inspection and accreditation of facilities for retired racehorses, but one legislator believes the industry should devise such a program and decide how it would be funded.
Finger Lakes Casino & Racetrack in western New York will celebrate its 50th year of Thoroughbred racing with a 163-day meet that begins April 20.
A report done for the New York Gaming Association says the organization's members -- nine racetrack casinos in the state -- generate almost $2 billion a year in economic output.
Trainer Jeremiah Englehart, based at Finger Lakes Casino & Racetrack in upstate New York, will have his first Breeders' Cup starter in Tamarind Hall in the Nov. 4 Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby