Turtle Bird Stable's Haynesfield, winner of the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) in 2010, has been honored as New York-bred Horse of the Year for the second year in a row.
Final Mesa left her rivals behind in the stretch to register her first graded stakes score for Wesley Ward in the $100,000 Old Hat (gr. III) on opening day of the 2011 Gulfstream Park meet Jan. 5.
Roxy Gap won all three of her starts at Woodbine last summer by big margins for trainer Mark Casse and is the morning-line pick for the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes Jan. 5, opening day feature of the 2011 Gulfstream Park meet.
A hot pace failed to deter Wickedly Perfect when she rallied in upper stretch to win the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 6 at Del Mar to remain unbeaten in two starts.
Wesley Ward's unbeaten filly figures to be the choice in the 6 1/2-furlong Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) at Del Mar; faces challenge from a pair of Bob Baffert-trained juveniles
Saratoga will kick off its 142nd meet with a stellar opening day card, highlighted by the $100,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies and the $75,000 James Marvin Stakes that drew a field of 10
Saratoga will hold a meet for the 142nd time beginning July 23 and opening weekend promises to be an exciting one with three graded stakes.
Undefeated Final Mesa made it three wins at three different tracks when she ran away from her four rivals to capture the $149,139 My Dear Stakes as the 3-10 choice at Woodbine June 26.
Trainer Wesley Ward ran one-two in last year's race and has a pair for this year's running. Also, last year's third-place finisher was Mission Impazible, who runs in Saturday's Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Argentina Produces Jump Start's 50th Stakes Winner
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board