Select Stable's Repent, who won four graded stakes, has been retired from racing because of problems associated with an injured tendon.
Repent, a four-time graded stakes winner who finished second in the Illinois Derby (gr. II), is on target for the $1 million Travers Stakes (gr. I) on Aug. 24.
Take Charge Lady was pointed toward the June 29 Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I), but instead, trainer Ken McPeek has decided to give the 3-year-old filly about a month off. McPeek said the filly hasn't been eating well, and some blood work indicated she's "a touch dehydrated," said the trainer.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud