Images from the six-time grade/group I winner St Nicholas Abbey's career. view slideshow
Ireland's Coolmore Stud reported Sept. 30 that injured equine superstar St Nicholas Abbey's recovery is on track and that "surgeons at Fethard Equine Hospital couldn't be happier with St Nicholas Abbey's progress to date."
While still under a guarded prognosis, multiple grade I/group I winner St Nicholas Abbey had his best week since his initial surgery, Ireland's Coolmore Stud reported Sept. 4.
Nearly one month since St Nicholas Abbey underwent major surgery to repair a life-threatening fracture of his right foreleg, Coolmore reported the multiple grade/group I winner is "the best he has been."
Multiple group/grade I winner St Nicholas Abbey remains in "good form" at Fethard Equine Hospital and recently had his fiberglass cast replaced, the latest update from owner Coolmore Stud said Aug. 9.
Coolmore Stud presents a look at St Nicholas Abbey's injury and his road to recovery at Fethard Equine Hospital. Watch Video
St Nicholas Abbey has made progress and was in good form July 27 following emergency colic surgery. The 6-year-old Montjeu horse had surgery July 24 for a fractured pastern and colicked two days later.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes