Arlington International Racecourse starts a 77-day live racing season May 1 that includes stakes races on nine consecutive Saturdays throughout July and August during the Arlington International Championship Season.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 235 horses for its Saratoga select yearling auction, which will be held Aug. 10-11 in upstate New York. The number is up 20.5% from a year ago, when there were 195 yearlings listed in the book.
Fasig-Tipton Company and the New York Racing Association (NYRA) are teaming up to develop the inaugural Fasig-Tipton Festival of Racing at Saratoga Race Course The festival will be held the second weekend of the Saratoga racing season, Aug. 8 and 9, and will precede the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction Aug. 10 and 11.
The Illinois Racing Board Dec. 10 released its 2009 stakes schedule.
Arlington Park plans to reschedule and enrich its stakes program this summer to provide a "Preview Weekend at the Park" before the Oct. 26 running of the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth