Members of the California Horse Racing Board made a commitment to decide the highly contentious Northern California 2017 racing dates dispute at its regular October meeting, but the regulatory agency could not reach a resolution Oct. 20.
After two hours of discussion Oct. 7 about the ongoing dates dispute in Northern California, the California Horse Racing Board's Race Dates Committee made a recommendation for the regulatory agency's full monthly meeting Oct. 20.
After more than two and a half hours of discussion July 13 during a California Horse Racing Board Race Dates Committee meeting, a racing schedule for 2017 in both Northern and Southern California remained unresolved.
Though still early in the process for allocating 2017 racing dates, a California Horse Racing Board Dates Committee meeting June 15 provided a glimpse of what might be ahead.
Santa Anita applied for the traditional Oak Tree Racing Association dates for 2011 during a Sept. 22 California Horse Racing Board race dates committee meeting.
By Morton Cathro -- Regardless of size, location, or caliber of horses, racetracks long have served as a microcosm of society, holding up a mirror to humankind.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate