After refusing to support a proposed increase in jockey mount fees, horsemen in Illinois called an emergency meeting June 22 to further discuss the issue as presented by the Jockeys' Guild, then canceled the meeting.
Swiss Yodeler, the sire of TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Thor's Echo, will stand in 2007 for $10,000, up from $7,500 this year.
Empire Maker, whose first foals are yearlings, will stand for $100,000 in 2007, the same fee he commanded in his first three years.
Adena Springs announced the fees for the stallions at its Kentucky and Florida farms with several unchanged but most decreasing from 2006 to 2007.
Successful Appeal and Songandaprayer, two stallions moved to Johnny Jones III and Bobby Trussell's Walmac Farm near Lexington in recent years from Florida, will have their fees raised for 2007.
Taylor Made Farm announced Wednesday that the two stallions it stands for six figures will both have stud fee increases for the 2007 season.
John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington released its 2007 stallion fees Oct. 13 with seven of the 11 stallions standing next year for the same amount as the '06 breeding season.
Sultry Song, the sire of Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Singletary, will stand for the same fee in 2005 that he stood for this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Filly Fly By Night Captures Mercury Sprint
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat