Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), is back for the opening-day feature at Calder Casino & Race Course April 25, where he will face Sunshine Millions Turf winner Jet Propulsion.
After stalking the leaders, favored Wesley seized the lead at the top of the lane and proved a comfortable winner of the $100,000 Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Calder Race Course April 25.
Criticism, winner of two grade III stakes in her four American starts, is the 121-pound highweight in the $150,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT), the first of two turf stakes events on the opening Saturday of the spring/summer meet at Calder Race Course April 25.
The 4-year-old El Prado colt stalked the pace and wore down the leader Jan. 27 at Gulfstream Park.
The 8-year-old horse will face 10 rivals Jan. 27 at Gulfstream Park in what is likely the final start of his career.
Last month Soldier's Dancer was beaten by three of the same challengers he was facing in the $200,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13. This time, showing a powerful finishing kick, the 3-year-old Lost Soldier colt exacted his revenge, coming from well off the pace to take the 1 1/8-mile feature on the Calder Race Course turf by six lengths. It was his fifth lifetime win in 11 tries at the Florida racetrack.
Fair Weather Stan and Fearless Eagle renew their rivalry as part of a full field entered for the $200,000 Calder Derby presented by Woodford Reserve (gr. IIIT) on the Florida track's turf course Oct. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move