Oaks Favorite I'm a Chatterbox gets a bath at Churchill Downs on April 25, 2015. watch video
Mike Battaglia, who sets the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands morning-line odds, is struggling to decide between stablemates Dortmund and American Pharoah when it comes to choosing a favorite for this year's classic.
The latest odds say otherwise, but she certainly belongs in the mix read blog
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. sent Big Brown for an easy work over the Churchill Downs surface May 1, and the imposing colt looked every bit the Derby favorite as he took to the track under regular exercise rider Michelle Nevin. Big Brown, installed as the 3-1 morning line choice following the April 30 post position draw, went three-eighths in :35 2/5.
Solvig saved ground before finding running room late to win Saturday's $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at a rainy Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T