Trainer Rick Dutrow is expected to file an appeal of his 10-year suspension Jan. 16, one day before New York State regulators can officially revoke his license.
Embattled trainer Rick Dutrow said he will not let a recent ruling by the New York's highest court, which would allow regulators to take away his license to work in New York, to stand without a fight.
New York's highest court has declined -- for the second time in three months -- to hear an appeal by trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. in his legal bid to keep racing regulators from revoking his license to work in New York State.
The discovery by a New York State Racing and Wagering Board official of a box containing three syringes and needles in Rick Dutrow's barn at Aqueduct was the focus during the second day of his hearing.
The opening salvo in a state hearing that could at least end the New York career of trainer Rick Dutrow focused on claims of an appearance of a conflict of interest by New York's top racing industry regulator.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. was denied attempts by his lawyer to challenge two accusations by New York racing regulators and should get a new hearing before a board of stewards, according to new legal documents filed in the case.
Calibrachoa looked like anything but a former claimer, as he came flying from off the pace to destroy five rivals in the $150,000 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III) March 5 at Aqueduct.
The Mike Repole/Todd Pletcher team will be formidable when they send out the coupled entry of Calibrachoa and Have You Ever the six-furlong event March 5 at Aqueduct. A field of six was drawn.
New York stewards have suspended trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. for 90 days for a positive drug sample in a winning horse from a race at Aqueduct last fall and for possession of hypodermic needles in his barn.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes