Turf specialist and dual grade I-winning stallion Fastness died in July at Timber Ridge Farm near Felton, Pa., from the infirmities of old age, Timber Ridge owner Boggs Shoemaker said. He was 23.
Grade I winners Buzzards Bay and Fastness will stand in 2009 at Boggs Shoemaker's Timber Ridge Farm near Felton, Pa.
Fastness, sire of millionaire and Canadian champion Le Cinquieme Essai, will stand at Fox Tale Stud near Coopersburg, Pa.
Le Cinquieme Essai, an 8-year-old son of Fastness, wasn't about to let inclement weather and a soft turf course rain on his parade, winning the $200,000 Play the King (Can-II) at Woodbine Aug. 25 for the second year in a row.
Fastness is moving to Greenfields Farm in Colts Neck, N.J., for the 2007 season.
Bill Scott's homebred Le Cinquieme Essai, a former Sovereign Award winner, repulsed a late challenge from Becrux to win the $202,400 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Saturday.
Fastness and Flying Pidgeon, both millionaires and grade I winners, will stand in 2006 at Carlo DeThomasi's C & R Horse Farm near Milmay, N.J.
Le Cinquieme Essai, with Steve Bahen aboard, held off longshot Tusayan down the stretch, to capture the $150,400 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-III) Sunday at Woodbine.
Millionaire Fastness, sire of Canadian champion and classic winner Le Cinquieme Essai, has been relocated to Judith Barrett's Godstone Farm near Pine Grove, Pa.
Millionaire and grade I winner Fastness will stand the 2003 breeding season at Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa.
Lord Arnold Weinstock of England has died, according to The Racing Post. The publication reported the 77-year-old resident of London died at his home Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta