Led by the $360,000 paid by Gainesway for the 7-year-old mare Hidden Expression, Fasig-Tipton concluded its winter mixed sale Feb. 10 on a solid note, despite the formidable wintery conditions during the two-day sale.
Sub-freezing temperatures plus several inches of fresh snow daily does not lend itself to the most pleasant conditions for a horse sale.
Hidden Expression, a 7-year-old stakes-winning daughter of Yonaguska, was purchased by Gainesway for $360,000 to top the early portion of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale's second session Feb. 10.
The one-day Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale already was registering strong numbers on Feb. 11 in Lexington when a supplemental catalog from Eugene Melnyk's breeding operation assured a grand finale.
Red Piano, a winning daughter of Red Ransom, fetched $150,000 from Jayne Johnson, agent, early in the Fasig-Tipton February winter mixed sale in Lexington Feb. 11.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 295 entries for its Kentucky winter mixed sale to be held at Newtown Paddocks in Lexington on Monday, Feb. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud