Nine Tapit yearlings averaged $713,889
Depth, confidence, and buzz energized the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale. read blog
Bolstered by two Tapit colts that sold for $2 million and $1.2 million, the first session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga selected yearling sale registered gains in gross and average compared with the comparable session in 2014.
The second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale Aug. 5 saw steady momentum gains that led to the third million-dollar horse of the sale.
Pair of fillies by leading sire Tapit each sell for seven figures opening night, Aug. 4.
Nat Rea's Regis Farms bought the filly, who purchased as a weanling for $550,000 at Keeneland November last fall.
An Indian Charlie colt from the family of champion Vindication sold for $750,000 to light up the results board during the early portion of the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale Aug. 6.
Topped by a Dynaformer filly sold for $1,225,000, Fasig-Tipton's annual Saratoga selected yearling sale soared Aug. 5, with the average increasing by 20% over the comparable session a year ago.
Everything has to fall into place for a top horse to sell well at Saratoga.
A Distorted Humor colt from the family of champion Banshee Breeze commanded a price of $500,000 to lead the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in the early stages Aug. 6.
Wednesday night's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale ended not with a bang but a whimper, as the highly anticipated Storm Cat colt--the last yearling through the ring--was bought back by consignor Robert Evans for $3.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Swansea Mile Delivers a Smithwick Shocker