Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Sale records were established for the number of horses sold, gross revenue, and average price at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling auction, which ended on Wednesday. In addition, more horses were sold for six-figure prices than ever before.
A Go for Gin colt brought the top price of $315,000 during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale on Tuesday in Maryland.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale got off to a solid start on Monday, with 10 horses bringing individual prices of $100,000 or more. The opening session of the three-day auction also registered slight increases in average and median from a year ago and a significant upswing in gross revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Gulfstream Park Receives Safety Reaccreditation
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome