While several buyers and consignors noted that it seemed difficult to guess where upper-end prices will fall at the July 15 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale, here's six they figure to be keeping a close eye on.
Winchell Thoroughbreds, which has had success with offspring of the stallion Tapit, purchased one of his fillies for $300,000 during the July 12 Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale in Lexington.
The 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale marked the first sale in which the auction company offered buyers the opportunity to have their horses tested for exogenous anabolic steroids.
Despite registering across the board declines, the results of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale, held July 14-15 at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington, did not overly disappoint sale company officials.
It's always of note when a Horse of the Year's first crop comes to market. But it's even more significant this year when it's 2005 Horse of Year Saint Liam's only crop.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- In a reversal of form, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky had the greatest momentum and Keeneland sustained a downturn during the 2002 summer yearling sales.
- By Dan Liebman
By Dan Liebman -- The Keeneland summer sale needs to be adjusted. It needs to be tweaked. Revamped. Changed. It absolutely does not need to be abandoned, as some have suggested.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Pletcher Seeking Third Belmont Stakes