A Tapit colt consigned by Old South Farm, agent, brought $1.8 million to top the Fasig-Tipton Florida 2-year-olds in training sale March 2 at Gulfstream Park.
In his career debut at Belmont Park, I Spent It showed a good kick in the stretch to notch a three-quarter-length victory in a five-furlong maiden special weight race to become the first winner for freshman sire Super Saver.
Brisk breeze times were the order of the day at the under tack preview for Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale of 2-year-olds in training March 21 at Adena Springs South, near Williston, Fla.
Fasig-Tipton's Florida Sale at Palm Meadows Training Center in Boynton Beach, Fla., featured plenty of highlights throughout the one-day auction including double-digit gains in average and median.
Early in the Fasig-Tipton Florida sale on March 25, Barbara Banke's Stonestreet Farm landed a Malibu Moon filly for $625,000 from the consignment of de Meric Sales, agent.
Fasig-Tipton, North American's oldest Thoroughbred auction firm, will once again sponsor the $400,000 Fountain of Youth (gr. II) Feb. 26, Gulfstream Park announced.
Scenes from the Fasig-Tipton select sale of 2-year-olds in training. View Slideshow
The catalog is out for what traditionally is the fanciest juvenile auction, the Fasig-Tipton Florida sale. Here is a list of some of the 2-year-olds that are close relatives to top racehorses. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana