The Green Monkey, the most expensive sales purchase in racing history, arrived at trainer Todd Pletcher's Churchill Downs' barn Friday.
A muscular bay Tale of the Cat colt shattered the record for a 2-year-old in training sold at public auction Tuesday when his price soared to $5.2-million during the Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction at Calder Race Course.
Chilukki, who won an Eclipse Award as champion 2-year-old filly of 1999 for Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Stable, has been retired and will be bred to leading sire Storm Cat. Trainer Bob Baffert said the decision to retire the daughter of Cherokee Run was made by the McNairs after some filling was detected in an ankle just before Baffert left for Dubai, where he captured the March 24 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) with Mike Pegram's Captain Steve.
Samples collected from horses that breezed at the Fasig-Tipton Calder under-tack show Feb. 18 contained no performance-enhancing medication, test results showed.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau