In his second start for trainer Phil D'Amato, Matthew Schera's Farhaan took an impressive step forward April 29 to win his first graded stakes in the $100,000 Thunder Road (G3T) at Santa Anita Park.
No better than ninth in four trips outside of California, Golden Pegasus Racing and Earle Mack's Bolo will stay home instead of getting caught up in Kentucky Derby week for a third straight year.
Protonico, winner of the Discovery Handicap (gr. III) and runner-up in the Clark Handicap (gr. I) to close 2014, will carry top weight of 120 pounds in a field of six entered for the April 11 Ben Ali (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous, winner of the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) and Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIT) this summer, is looking to get back to the winner's circle in the Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham