After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
The third day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale saw a Medaglia d'Oro yearling colt make headlines while steady interest in both yearlings and broodmares helped the median nearly double compared with last year.
The second-highest-priced yearling to ever sell at Keeneland January and the beginning of a dispersal of an apparently deep group of horses from Fares Farm helped the Lexington sale to a strong start.
The stakes-winning broodmare Supreme may prove to be the star of the Fares Farm dispersal on Jan. 8 at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale after selling to Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings for $800,000.
WinStar Farm purchased Lunarlady, a stakes-winning daughter of Yes It's True, for $310,000 early on the second day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago