Highest Honor, a major winner and a leading sire twice in France, died June 25 of a heart attack at age 26.
Champion Miss Alleged, one of only two fillies to win the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), was euthanized Feb. 28 because of a ruptured uterine artery after foaling a Miesque's Son filly the previous day.
- By Ron Mitchell
Smart Strike's stallion stock took another leap in the Breeders' Cup World Championships with wins by Curlin in the $5 million Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) and English Channel in the $3 million John Deere Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal