Highest Honor, a major winner and a leading sire twice in France, died June 25 of a heart attack at age 26.
Champion Miss Alleged, one of only two fillies to win the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), was euthanized Feb. 28 because of a ruptured uterine artery after foaling a Miesque's Son filly the previous day.
- By Ron Mitchell
Smart Strike's stallion stock took another leap in the Breeders' Cup World Championships with wins by Curlin in the $5 million Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) and English Channel in the $3 million John Deere Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam