Highest Honor, a major winner and a leading sire twice in France, died June 25 of a heart attack at age 26.
Champion Miss Alleged, one of only two fillies to win the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), was euthanized Feb. 28 because of a ruptured uterine artery after foaling a Miesque's Son filly the previous day.
- By Ron Mitchell
Smart Strike's stallion stock took another leap in the Breeders' Cup World Championships with wins by Curlin in the $5 million Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) and English Channel in the $3 million John Deere Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Tampa Bay Announces Richest Stakes Schedule
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?