Highest Honor, a major winner and a leading sire twice in France, died June 25 of a heart attack at age 26.
Champion Miss Alleged, one of only two fillies to win the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), was euthanized Feb. 28 because of a ruptured uterine artery after foaling a Miesque's Son filly the previous day.
- By Ron Mitchell
Smart Strike's stallion stock took another leap in the Breeders' Cup World Championships with wins by Curlin in the $5 million Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) and English Channel in the $3 million John Deere Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives