If the momentum of Millennium Wind's Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) victory can get him to the wire first in the May 5 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), he would be the first horse to win both races since Strike the Gold in 1991. He would also mark the first time one mare produced two winners of the Run for the Roses.
When Arazi came to the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), it was his first appearance at Churchill Downs since winning the previous year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at the Louisville track. He was the 4-5 favorite and was expected to play an important role in the first Saturday in May. He finished eighth that day, while Lil E. Tee earned the rose blanket.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Not This Time Works at Churchill Downs
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm