If the momentum of Millennium Wind's Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) victory can get him to the wire first in the May 5 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), he would be the first horse to win both races since Strike the Gold in 1991. He would also mark the first time one mare produced two winners of the Run for the Roses.
When Arazi came to the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), it was his first appearance at Churchill Downs since winning the previous year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at the Louisville track. He was the 4-5 favorite and was expected to play an important role in the first Saturday in May. He finished eighth that day, while Lil E. Tee earned the rose blanket.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- First Winner for Giant Surprise
- New York OTBs, CDI at Odds Over Host Fees