If the momentum of Millennium Wind's Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) victory can get him to the wire first in the May 5 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), he would be the first horse to win both races since Strike the Gold in 1991. He would also mark the first time one mare produced two winners of the Run for the Roses.
When Arazi came to the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), it was his first appearance at Churchill Downs since winning the previous year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at the Louisville track. He was the 4-5 favorite and was expected to play an important role in the first Saturday in May. He finished eighth that day, while Lil E. Tee earned the rose blanket.
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Second Straight Turf Female Championship for Tepin
- Ocasio Earns Outstanding Apprentice Jockey Eclipse