Amelia Bearhart, who produced three stakes winners including two-time Canadian Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart, died Jan. 7 and was buried at the farm of her owner, Richard Maynard. She was 27.
Boomzeeboom, passed in the stretch by his stablemate Twice as Bad, responded to exuberant urging from Victor Espinoza and came back on the inside to post a half-length victory in the $110,200 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs announced that grade I turf winner Explosive Red will be relocated to Adena Springs Canada near Aurora, Ontario, from Adena Springs South in Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings