The Laurel Museum in Laurel, Md., will open an exhibit Feb. 6 to celebrate 100 years of racing at Laurel Park, which opened Oct. 2, 1911.
After the dedication of the Barbaro memorial sculpture at Churchill Downs April 26, the Kentucky Derby Museum will open a tribute exhibit, Barbaro: The Heart of a Winner.
Media and other guests were invited to a June 6 reception for the opening of a new, permanent Affirmed exhibition that includes the Triple Crown winner's trophy collection, artwork, halter, and jewelry worn by his owner.
Smarty Jones, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of an exhibit that opens Nov. 16 at the State Museum of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg, the state capital.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay