Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky. has announced a partnership with Kentucky Downs to establish a satellite facility at the Kentucky racetrack.
The Laurel Museum in Laurel, Md., will open an exhibit Feb. 6 to celebrate 100 years of racing at Laurel Park, which opened Oct. 2, 1911.
After the dedication of the Barbaro memorial sculpture at Churchill Downs April 26, the Kentucky Derby Museum will open a tribute exhibit, Barbaro: The Heart of a Winner.
- By Esther Marr
Media and other guests were invited to a June 6 reception for the opening of a new, permanent Affirmed exhibition that includes the Triple Crown winner's trophy collection, artwork, halter, and jewelry worn by his owner.
Smarty Jones, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of an exhibit that opens Nov. 16 at the State Museum of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg, the state capital.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup