The Laurel Museum in Laurel, Md., will open an exhibit Feb. 6 to celebrate 100 years of racing at Laurel Park, which opened Oct. 2, 1911.
After the dedication of the Barbaro memorial sculpture at Churchill Downs April 26, the Kentucky Derby Museum will open a tribute exhibit, Barbaro: The Heart of a Winner.
Media and other guests were invited to a June 6 reception for the opening of a new, permanent Affirmed exhibition that includes the Triple Crown winner's trophy collection, artwork, halter, and jewelry worn by his owner.
Smarty Jones, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of an exhibit that opens Nov. 16 at the State Museum of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg, the state capital.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy