Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky. has announced a partnership with Kentucky Downs to establish a satellite facility at the Kentucky racetrack.
The Laurel Museum in Laurel, Md., will open an exhibit Feb. 6 to celebrate 100 years of racing at Laurel Park, which opened Oct. 2, 1911.
After the dedication of the Barbaro memorial sculpture at Churchill Downs April 26, the Kentucky Derby Museum will open a tribute exhibit, Barbaro: The Heart of a Winner.
- By Esther Marr
Media and other guests were invited to a June 6 reception for the opening of a new, permanent Affirmed exhibition that includes the Triple Crown winner's trophy collection, artwork, halter, and jewelry worn by his owner.
Smarty Jones, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of an exhibit that opens Nov. 16 at the State Museum of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg, the state capital.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal