A group of scientists met with representatives of the Thoroughbred Owners of California Jan. 18 to discuss exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging and later issued a joint statement supporting use of furosemide.
Racing consultant Earl Ola talks about the relationship between conditioning and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging (EIPH), also known as bleeding read blog
The Association of Racing Commissioners International is reassessing its policy supporting race-day administration of furosemide, but also indicated much needs to be done before any change is made.
A South African study showed a strong heritability between some stallions and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging, also known as bleeding.
A well-attended summit June 13 at Belmont Park shed a lot of light on the research and international regulations surrounding the race-day medication Salix.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- International, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
The first international summit on race-day medication as it relates to exercise-induced pulmonary hemorhaging will be June 13-14 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington