A group of scientists met with representatives of the Thoroughbred Owners of California Jan. 18 to discuss exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging and later issued a joint statement supporting use of furosemide.
Racing consultant Earl Ola talks about the relationship between conditioning and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging (EIPH), also known as bleeding read blog
The Association of Racing Commissioners International is reassessing its policy supporting race-day administration of furosemide, but also indicated much needs to be done before any change is made.
A South African study showed a strong heritability between some stallions and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging, also known as bleeding.
A well-attended summit June 13 at Belmont Park shed a lot of light on the research and international regulations surrounding the race-day medication Salix.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- International, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
The first international summit on race-day medication as it relates to exercise-induced pulmonary hemorhaging will be June 13-14 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%