Grade I winner Lochte seeks a return to winning ways July 6 in the $500,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park, one of 10 entered for the 1 3/8-mile turf contest at the New Jersey track.
TimeformUS Weekend Plays from Aqueduct, Churchill and Betfair Hollywood Park read blog
Richard Santulli's Tannery, winner of the Oct. 27 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT), will aim for consecutive black-type scores while facing the boys in the Nov. 16 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Boisterous may have won the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) last time out at Belmont Park, but he isn't scaring away competition from the Aug. 17 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous became a grade I winner July 13 at Belmont Park, threading his way between rivals to claim the $600,000 Man o' War (gr. IT). Twilight Eclipse was second, while Exclusive Strike finished third.
Although Point of Entry will not defend his title in the $600,000 Man o' War Handicap at Belmont Park July 13, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey hopes Boisterous will be a capable pinch-hitter in the grade I turf event.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar