Grade I winner Lochte seeks a return to winning ways July 6 in the $500,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park, one of 10 entered for the 1 3/8-mile turf contest at the New Jersey track.
TimeformUS Weekend Plays from Aqueduct, Churchill and Betfair Hollywood Park read blog
Richard Santulli's Tannery, winner of the Oct. 27 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT), will aim for consecutive black-type scores while facing the boys in the Nov. 16 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Boisterous may have won the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) last time out at Belmont Park, but he isn't scaring away competition from the Aug. 17 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous became a grade I winner July 13 at Belmont Park, threading his way between rivals to claim the $600,000 Man o' War (gr. IT). Twilight Eclipse was second, while Exclusive Strike finished third.
Although Point of Entry will not defend his title in the $600,000 Man o' War Handicap at Belmont Park July 13, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey hopes Boisterous will be a capable pinch-hitter in the grade I turf event.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Papa John's Again Partners With TAA