TimeformUS Weekend Plays from Aqueduct, Churchill and Betfair Hollywood Park read blog
Richard Santulli's Tannery, winner of the Oct. 27 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT), will aim for consecutive black-type scores while facing the boys in the Nov. 16 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Boisterous may have won the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) last time out at Belmont Park, but he isn't scaring away competition from the Aug. 17 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous became a grade I winner July 13 at Belmont Park, threading his way between rivals to claim the $600,000 Man o' War (gr. IT). Twilight Eclipse was second, while Exclusive Strike finished third.
Although Point of Entry will not defend his title in the $600,000 Man o' War Handicap at Belmont Park July 13, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey hopes Boisterous will be a capable pinch-hitter in the grade I turf event.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico