Petionville has arrived at Audrey Murray's Murmur Farm in Darlington, Md., for the 2014 breeding season after standing in Pennsylvania the past two years. The veteran Grade 1 sire remains the property of Everest Stable.
Front-running Sailors Sunset, headed in the stretch by odds-on choice Peace Chant, refused to give way along the inside, coming back for a half-length victory in the $105,800 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) Saturday on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track.
Everest Stable's three-time grade I winner Island Fashion is to make her final career start in the Nov. 4 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Churchill Downs and then be sold as a broodmare prospect during the November breeding stock sales in Kentucky, trainer Julio Canani revealed Thursday.
Immediately after post positions were drawn for Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), trainer Bernie Flint enthusiastically said, "I like that" in response to his Runway Model drawing post one for the 1 1/8-mile race.
Everest Stable Inc.'s overlooked homebred Island Fashion dominated a solid group of 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita, romping to a six-length victory in the $250,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I).
Everest Stable's Island Fashion easily won the $500,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. III) at Delaware Park Saturday.
Everest Stable's Night Patrol disposed of heavily-favored Congaree at the top of the stretch and prevailed in a furious stretch battle with Kachamandi to capture the $250,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile by a nose Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys