Europe will see two fewer group I events in 2016, from 87 in 2015 to 85, following a number of changes to group and listed races approved by the European Pattern Race Committee at its Jan. 18 meeting.
Brian Kavanagh, chairman of the European Pattern Committee, called for international uniform medication rules during an address at the Asian Racing Conference in Hong Kong May 6.
Ghostzapper, winner of the Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) during his undefeated season, has been rated the top racehorse in the world on two international classifications.
Two new group I races will take place in Britain this year, the European Pattern Committee has announced. Both races -- the Falmouth Stakes and the Sun Chariot Stakes -- will be run at Newmarket, the headquarters of British flat racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares