Florida-based bloodstock agent Justin Casse went to 525,000 guineas (US$867,620) to secure group III winner Esentepe, in foal to Frankel, on opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 1 in Newmarket.
Less than a month after upsetting odds-on Lady of Fifty in the Marjorie L. Everett Handicap (gr. II), Open Water will attempt to do it again in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I) June 15 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Grade II winner Halo Dolly looks for her first victory of the year while carrying top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 28, the first graded stakes of the Betfair Hollywood Park meet.
Group III winner Esentepe topped the second day of the Tattersalls July sale, bringing 220,000 guineas ($358,770).
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- F-T Horses of Racing Age Sale Catalog Online