Florida-based bloodstock agent Justin Casse went to 525,000 guineas (US$867,620) to secure group III winner Esentepe, in foal to Frankel, on opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 1 in Newmarket.
Less than a month after upsetting odds-on Lady of Fifty in the Marjorie L. Everett Handicap (gr. II), Open Water will attempt to do it again in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I) June 15 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Grade II winner Halo Dolly looks for her first victory of the year while carrying top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 28, the first graded stakes of the Betfair Hollywood Park meet.
Group III winner Esentepe topped the second day of the Tattersalls July sale, bringing 220,000 guineas ($358,770).
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30