With impressive win in Mazarine Stakes, 2-year-old filly now among the favorites for Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Conquest Harlanate, tracking Isabella Sings into the stretch, eventually wore the persistent favorite down to win the $229,816 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIT) for 2-year-old fillies on the Woodbine turf Sept. 13.
A colt by Malibu Moon consigned by Wavertree Stables (Ciaran Dunne), agent, sold to Willis Horton for $250,000 to top the opening session of OBS June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing June 17.
Top Billing breezed a half-mile in :50 2/5 Feb. 17 at Payson Park in Indiantown, Fla., in preparation for his stakes debut in the Besilu Stables Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Casse has an eye for stakes fillies and appears headed to saddle his fourth straight OBS 2-year-old sale graduate in the Breeders' Cup with My Conquestadory, the adventurous winner of the Darley Alcibiades (gr. I).
A gray or roan filly by Harlan's Holiday (hip #107) sold for $270,000 July 15 at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale. Ernie D. Semersky signed the ticket on the filly who was consigned by Select Sales, agent.
Given the results of its two previous auctions this year and the booming market, it's no surprise that OBS closed out the lucrative juvenile sale season with a June record top-priced horse and across-the-board benchmarks.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'