A colt by Malibu Moon consigned by Wavertree Stables (Ciaran Dunne), agent, sold to Willis Horton for $250,000 to top the opening session of OBS June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing June 17.
Top Billing breezed a half-mile in :50 2/5 Feb. 17 at Payson Park in Indiantown, Fla., in preparation for his stakes debut in the Besilu Stables Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Casse has an eye for stakes fillies and appears headed to saddle his fourth straight OBS 2-year-old sale graduate in the Breeders' Cup with My Conquestadory, the adventurous winner of the Darley Alcibiades (gr. I).
A gray or roan filly by Harlan's Holiday (hip #107) sold for $270,000 July 15 at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale. Ernie D. Semersky signed the ticket on the filly who was consigned by Select Sales, agent.
Given the results of its two previous auctions this year and the booming market, it's no surprise that OBS closed out the lucrative juvenile sale season with a June record top-priced horse and across-the-board benchmarks.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp