Complaint dismissed "with prejudice," meaning the allegations can't be pursued again. Settlement also includes the addition of three new independently appointed members to the TRF board.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation is now stabilized with a full board of directors.
Embattled trainer Rick Dutrow said he will not let a recent ruling by the New York's highest court, which would allow regulators to take away his license to work in New York, to stand without a fight.
A state Supreme Court judge in New York has refused to dismiss a stinging legal case against the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation brought by the state's top lawyer.
With affidavits from a whistleblower and a veterinarian, New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is pushing ahead with efforts to oust the board of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Directors of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation have filed papers in New York State Supreme Court calling for dismissal of a lawsuit filed by state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman that seeks removal of the TRF board.
New York's attorney general is accusing current and former directors of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation of driving the group into financial insolvency and causing harm, and death, of some horses under their care.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout