A furious Eric Saint-Martin declared Dec. 28 that he is finished in Hong Kong racing after stipendiary stewards slammed him with an improper riding charge and a two-month suspension of his license.
Silent Witness was denied a fairytale finale as Scintillation proved too powerful in the Centenary Sprint Cup at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday.
The immediate racing future of Silent Witness will be decided in the coming days after the world's leading sprinter last year finished seventh behind winner Scintillation at Sha Tin on Sunday.
Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Mr. and Mrs. Jerome Moss' Stanley Park surged past favored Bis Repetitas near the eighth pole and swept to an easy 2 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Bay Meadows Derby (gr. IIIT) Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup