A furious Eric Saint-Martin declared Dec. 28 that he is finished in Hong Kong racing after stipendiary stewards slammed him with an improper riding charge and a two-month suspension of his license.
Silent Witness was denied a fairytale finale as Scintillation proved too powerful in the Centenary Sprint Cup at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday.
The immediate racing future of Silent Witness will be decided in the coming days after the world's leading sprinter last year finished seventh behind winner Scintillation at Sha Tin on Sunday.
Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Mr. and Mrs. Jerome Moss' Stanley Park surged past favored Bis Repetitas near the eighth pole and swept to an easy 2 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Bay Meadows Derby (gr. IIIT) Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin