A furious Eric Saint-Martin declared Dec. 28 that he is finished in Hong Kong racing after stipendiary stewards slammed him with an improper riding charge and a two-month suspension of his license.
Silent Witness was denied a fairytale finale as Scintillation proved too powerful in the Centenary Sprint Cup at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday.
The immediate racing future of Silent Witness will be decided in the coming days after the world's leading sprinter last year finished seventh behind winner Scintillation at Sha Tin on Sunday.
Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Mr. and Mrs. Jerome Moss' Stanley Park surged past favored Bis Repetitas near the eighth pole and swept to an easy 2 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Bay Meadows Derby (gr. IIIT) Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work