The cliché of a "paid workout" gets bandied about when a horse wins with ease, but the term seemed to fit June 3 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has received approval from the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to conduct 193 days of live racing in 2015.
The threat of a Thanksgiving Eve holiday snowstorm set to hit the mid-Atlantic region has forced the postponement of the Wednesday, Nov. 26 Holiday Racing Festival card at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
J. Curtis Linnell was appointed vice president of wagering analysis and operations for the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau at its board meeting Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Eric Johnston, currently vice president of racing/racing secretary at Sam Houston Race Park, has been named director of racing operations for Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Sam Houston Race Park revamps stakes schedule for 2013, offers "Ship Assist" program for owners who start horse in Houston Ladies Classic and undercard stakes.
Sam Houston Race Park reported a 35% increase in live pari-mutuel handle and a 40% jump in attendance for its 31-day Thoroughbred meet, which ended March 12.
The 2010 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) logo features a galloping horse before the Brooklyn Bridge, the New York City skyline, and the Empire State Building. The 142nd Belmont is set for June 5.
Texas-breds will take the spotlight at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 for the track's annual Texas Champion Day program, which features eight restricted stakes worth more than $500,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner